Thursday, January 24, 2013

More thoughts from team members

Danny Kolota -- When I came on this trip, my big fear was my lack of recent Spanish study. When I wanted to share with someone here, I almost didn't. But God gave me words and a good teammate--Arin--who tag-teamed with me to lead games during the Bible club times.  I have often seen, too, how God has worked through me in this trip--when I have waited on Him. Often I have wanted to go ahead and do something, but I felt like God wanted me to wait. Shortly, I would see how God answered that prayer and why He had me wait. Waiting upon God really does work.

Sierra Cole -- What I enjoy about this trip is walking door-to-door inviting children to VBS, practicing Spanish as we go. I also love playing with the kids and and babysitting the babies. Our evening group devotions are good, too. They remind us why we are doing what we are doing and keep us all in check regarding what we do and say.


Savannah Slaton -- What has been special to me is seeing kids worship God. And when kids come to the Lord, it's cool to see their saving faith. [Editor's note: 11 kids have made decisions in this last three-day VBS.] Also, the scenery here is breath-taking.

Rachel Graver -- What has really impressed me is how friendly and excited the children are here. And even though we are busy, I feel really relaxed here. I love "tico time" -- not having a specific schedule and being worried about when to get everywhere. I'm not as worried about schedules here. Also, being excited about getting going really helps me get up early in the morning without complaining. I do not want to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment