Sunday, January 27, 2013

Last few notes from team members

David Dupont -- I have learned that not having technology with me actually helps keep me healthier and gives me more sleep. Like Coach says, it’s freeing not to have it all the time. The trip also blesses me to learn what it means to sacrifice for the kingdom. To be on this trip, I had to give up some things at home, and it’s a glimpse of what  true sacrifice feels like; in actuality, these may not be big things, but for me they have been. 
 
Evan Ramey -- Going to the south of Costa Rica was interesting. It was more dusty and spread out. The houses were further apart which made inviting kids a longer walk. Instead of doing kids VBS in the beginning, I helped with teen camp, which was fun. Teen camp games were much harder to play since the kids are older. It was cool to hang out with kids my age.

One thing that impressed me happened at the end of a VBS in Tronodora (north Costa Rica). One of the kids gave Dan his small stuffed dog as a gift. The kid probably did not have much, so the fact that he gave it away to his new friend was very impactful.

Dan Griffith -- The beauty of God's nature here in Costa Rica has impressed me. The kindness of people down here is a lot different than in the U.S. Even when you can't speak the same language, we can still make good friendships with kids here. I also like team meetings: when LaMar spoke to us, he put the Bible in practical ways and it really spoke to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment