Sunday, January 29, 2012

Highlights of Our Trip



Maria -- I loved how the kids were very willing to teach me how to skateboard even though I had no idea where to start. The relationships I made with the kids were amazing. I loved how they just wanted to be with you, and they wanted you to pay attention to them and I was more than willing to do that. I am very thankful that I still get to keep in touch with some of the kids and keep up with how they are doing.  Bible Studies every night were very encouraging to me because as we were teaching other kids lessons we got to grow closer to god through the team and other supporting us in our faith.

Sarah G. -- The connections with the kids.  ●  Seeing and being apart of the different ways God worked.  ●   How our team bonded and became more like a family.



Elizabeth Autio -- Getting to bond with the entire team and reconnect with those who went last year.  Painting the woman's house who was celebrating her birthday the day we painted.  Just playing with the kids and loving on them. 


Stephanie--We got to learn how to disciple someone.  ●  The smiles on the kids faces when they saw us.   ●  Seeing the beauty in every part of Gods creation!

Kelly--Sharing the gospel in the park.  ●  Being able to communicate with the kids even though my Spanish was worse than last year (especially the day I was painting and all the kids came up to me wanting to learn some words in English).   ●  Getting the chance to have discipleship with the team. 


Mrs. Reilly--The unity of the team and their hard work (ignoring various distractions and hot weather). ●  Visiting and seeing the ministries of previous coworkers on the field.  ●   Enjoying the Bible studies and watching students take principles learned back to their lives in the states with them.   ●  Seeing Tara grow in her own outreach and in her Spanish.



No comments:

Post a Comment